BS 10305-2:2016 pdf download – Steel tubes for precision applications — Technical delivery conditions Part 2: Welded cold drawn tubes
5 Classification and designation
In accordance with the classification system in EN 10020 the steel grades given in Table 2 are non-alloy quality steels.
For the tubes covered by this document the steel designation consists of the number of this document (EN 10305-2) plus either:
a) the steel name in accordance with EN 10027-1; or
b) the steel number in accordance with EN 10027-2.
6 Information to be supplied by the purchaser
6.1 Mandatory information
The following information shall be obtained by the manufacturer at the time of enquiry and order:
a) quantity (mass or total length or number);
b) term “tube”;
c) dimensions (see 8.5);
d) steel designation (see 5.2);
e) delivery condition (see 7.2.2);
f) type of tube length and, where applicable, the length (see 8.5.2);
g) type of inspection document (see 9.1).
A number of options are specified in this document and these are listed below. In the event that the purchaser does not indicate a wish to implement any of these options at the time of enquiry and order,the tubes shall be supplied in accordance with the basic specification (see 6.1).
• Option 1: specification of a steel grade not specified in this document (see 8.2);
• Option 3: suitability for hot-dip galvanizing (see 8.2);
• Option 4: surface condition for further processing (see 8.4.1);
• Option 8: measurement of surface roughness (see 8.4.3);
• Option 9: specific surface roughness (see 8.4.3);
• Option 10: tube surfaces free from not easily removable substances (see 8.4.6);
• Option 12: non-destructive testing for the detection of longitudinal imperfections (see 8.4.7);
• Option 13: non-destructive testing for verification of leak-tightness (see 8.4.7);
• Option 15: specification of a cross section other than circular (see 22.214.171.124);
• Option 16: reduced diameter tolerances (see 126.96.36.199);
• Option 17: unilateral diameter tolerances (see 188.8.131.52);
• Option 18: reduced eccentricity (see 184.108.40.206);
• Option 19: reduced wall thickness tolerance (see 220.127.116.11);
• Option 20: unilateral wall thickness tolerance (see 18.104.22.168);
• Option 22: reduced maximum deviation from straightness (see 8.5.3);
• Option 23: specified end finishing (see 8.5.4);
• Option 25: flattening or drift expanding test for delivery condition +A or +N (see Table 8);
• Option 26: test unit with tubes from one cast only (see 10.1);
• Option 28: alternative marking (see Clause 12);
• Option 29: delivery without corrosion protection (see Clause 13);
• Option 30: specified corrosion protection (see Clause 13);
• Option 38: unbundled tubes or specific method of packaging (see Clause 13).
6.3 Example of an order
12 000 m tube with an outside diameter of D = 60 mm and an inside diameter of d = 56 mm in accordance with this document, made of steel grade E235 in the normalized condition, delivered in random lengths, with a 3.1 inspection certificate in accordance with EN 10204:
12 000 m tube – D 60 x d 56 – EN 10305-2 – E235+N – random length – inspection certificate 3.1
7 Manufacturing process
7.1 Steelmaking process
The steelmaking process is at the discretion of the manufacturer with the exception that the open hearth (Siemens-Martin) process shall not be employed unless in combination with a secondary steelmaking or ladle refining process.
Steels shall be fully killed.
NOTE This excludes the use of rimming, balanced or semi-killed steel.
7.2 Tube manufacture and delivery conditions
7.2.1 The tubes shall be manufactured from electric welded hollows by cold drawing. The tubes shall not contain strip end welds.
7.2.2 The tubes shall be supplied in one of the delivery conditions given in Table 1.BS 10305-2 pdf download.