BS 10305-3:2010 pdf download – Steel tubes for precision applications — Technical delivery conditions Part 3: Welded cold sized tubes
A number of options are specified in this document and these are listed below. In the event that the purchaser does not indicate his wish to implement any of these options at the time of enquiry and order, the tubes shall be supplied in accordance with the basic specification (see 6.1).
1) specification of a steel grade not specified in this document (see 8.2);
2) suitability for hot-dip galvanizing (see 8.2);
3) surface condition for further processing (see 8.4.1);
4) removal of internal weld bead (see 8.4.2);
5) measurement of surface roughness (see 8.4.4);
6) specific surface roughness (see 8.4.4);
7) non-destructive testing of the weld seam for the detection of longitudinal imperfections (see 8.4.8);
8) non-destructive testing of the full tube circumference for the detection of longitudinal imperfections (see 8.4.8);
9) non-destructive testing for verification of leak-tightness (see 8.4.8);
10) specification of a procedure to test transverse welds for the detection of imperfections (see 8.4.8);
11) specification of a cross section other than circular (see 22.214.171.124);
12) reduced diameter tolerances (see 126.96.36.199);
13) unilateral diameter tolerance (see 188.8.131.52);
14) reduced wall thickness tolerance (see 184.108.40.206);
15) unilateral wall thickness tolerance (see 220.127.116.11);
16) another specified length and/or tolerance (see 8.5.2);
17) tolerance for exact lengths ≤ 500 mm or > 8 000 mm (see 8.5.2);
18) reduced maximum deviation from straightness (see 8.5.3);
19) specified end finishing (see 8.5.4);
20) inspection certificate 3.1 (see 9.1 and 9.2.1);
21) inspection certificates 3.2 (see 9.2.1);
22) flattening or drift expanding test for delivery condition +A or +N (see Table 9);
23) test unit with tubes from one cast only (see 10.1);
24) more restrictive requirement on flattening test (see 11.2);
25) alternative marking (see Clause 12);
26) delivery without corrosion protection (see Clause 13);
6.3 Example of an order 12 000 m tube with an outside diameter of 40 mm and a wall thickness of 1,5 mm in accordance with this document, made of steel grade E235 in the normalized condition, pickled, to be delivered in standard lengths of 6 m with an 3.1 inspection certificate in accordance with EN 10204. 12 000 m tubes – 40 x 1,5 – EN 10305-3 – E235+N, S2 – 6 m standard length – Option 20 7 Manufacturing process
7.1 Steelmaking process The steelmaking process is at the discretion of the manufacturer with the exception that the open hearth (Siemens-Martin) process shall not be employed unless in combination with a secondary steelmaking or ladle refining process. Steels shall be fully killed. NOTE This excludes the use of rimming, balanced or semi-killed steel.
7.2 Tube manufacture and delivery conditions
7.2.1 The tubes shall be manufactured from strip by electric welding. The tubes shall not contain strip end welds except for tubes to be supplied coiled for which the delivery conditions +A or +N may be specified.
Possible surface conditions are:
a) S1 (black);
b) S2 (pickled);
c) S3 (cold rolled);
d) S4 (coated to an agreed condition).
NOTE The surface conditions S1 and S3 apply for the strip. The surface condition S2 and S4 may apply for the strip or the tube; the purchaser should, where necessary, indicate the required condition at the time of enquiry and order.
7.2.2 Tubes made of the steel grades E155, E195, E235, E275 and E355 shall be supplied in the delivery condition +CR1 or +A or +N (see Table 1). Tubes made of the grades E190, E220, E260, E320, E370 and E420 shall be supplied in the delivery condition +CR2.
7.2.3 All non-destructive testing (NDT) activities shall be carried out by qualified and competent level 1, 2 and/or 3 personnel authorized to operate by the employer. The qualification shall be in accordance with EN 10256 or, at least, an equivalent to it. It is recommended that the level 3 personnel be certified in accordance with EN 473 or, at least, an equivalent to it. The operating authorization issued by the employer shall be in accordance with a written procedure. NDT operations shall be authorized by a level 3 NDT individual approved by the employer.
The tubes, when supplied in a delivery condition indicated in Table 1 and inspected in accordance with Clauses 9, 10 and 11, shall comply with the requirements of this document.